The Cape Town Society of Model and Experimental Engineers (CTSMEE) is holding its annual fundraiser open day on Saturday and Sunday May 21 and 22.
The club is situated in Rondebosch on the corner of Erin, Duke and Campground Roads in Croquet Lane behind the Rondebosch Croquet Club.
The club will be open to the public from 9am to 4pm. The entry fee will be R20 an adult and R5 for children.
Children under the age of five enter free.
The money raised will be used for maintenance of the club house and to fund the various sections of the club with their projects. There will be R5 rides for the children on the five inch gauge live steam en- gine.
This locomotive is owned by the club’s vice chairman, André van Breda. The rides will be between 9am and noon and then from 1.30pm to 3.30pm. This allows for maintenance of the locomotive.
There will be members carrying out engineering tasks to de- monstrate how the equipment functions.
The following can be seen in the main hall:
* The N Gauge Modular section will be displaying their show model.
* A Z Gauge Lay out on loan from Model Rail Road Specialists will be displayed which will be fully operational.
* The Model Rail Road Information Group will be displaying the HO Gauge replica of the Bot River Station, which is situated in the town of Bot River in the Western Cape.
* Shaun le Roux from Cape Model Trains will be displaying various items of South African Railway equipment and memorabilia, which will also be for sale.
* Steve Norman from Bestoys will be displaying model cars which. On the veranda, the Wood Turners Club will be demonstrating how to turn pieces of wood into useable objects.
For more information call Ken Lindeman on 071 384 1344 or André van Breda on 082 378 2437.