The local government elections on August 3 will bring ward demarcation changes to the Atlantic Seaboard
Currently Ward 74 comprises parts of Camps Bay, Bakoven and Hout Bay, with Ward 54 also including parts of Camps Bay, Sea Point, Green Point, Mouille Point and De Waterkant.
When the new demarcations come into effect after the election, all of Camps Bay, along with Sea Point, will be in one ward – Ward 54 – and Hout Bay and Llandudno will make up Ward 74. Mouille Point, Green Point and De Waterkant will, along with the CBD, Woodstock and Paarden Eiland, make up Ward 115.
The full list of candidates contesting Ward 54 includes:
* Nurjeaan Salie of the Africa Muslim Party;
* Grant Ronald of the African Christian Democratic Party;
* Thandeka Sisusa of the African National Congress;
* Mogamad Ganief Ebrahim Hendricks of Al Jama-Ah;
* Abduraghmaan Ismail of Al Shura Party;
* Mogamat Adams of Cape Muslim Congress;
* Jack Miller of the Cape Party;
* Megan Kleinsmith of the Coloured Voice;
* Jacobus Cornelius of Congress of the People;
* Shayne Ramsay of the Democratic Alliance;
* Ayanda Songwevu of the Economic Freedom Fighters;
* Richard Kock of the Independent Civic Organisation of South Africa;
* Achmat Williams of the National Party of South Africa;
* Michelle Calitz of the National People’s Party;
* Sivuyile Tutuva of the Pan Africanist Congress of Azania;
* Gerald Frieslaar of the Patriotic Alliance and
* Guy Trevor Robertson of the Vryheidsfront Plus.