India and Peter Baird, Llandudno

On Sunday afternoon, an electrical fire broke out unexpectedly underneath our home.

We saw the smoke and immediately called the Hout Bay Fire Department as the fire was in a locked electrical supply room underneath our wooden home.

The firefighters arrived within minutes and were extremely professional, courteous and most importantly, helpful in putting out the fire and ensuring that we were safe. I want to thank the team for their rapid response and for their continued efforts to keep our communities safe.

These women and men put in very long hours and have already had a challenging year, especially in the Hout Bay area. We are very grateful for the work they do.