With the easing of lockdown restrictions, Golden Arrow Bus Services’ operating hours have been extended to 5am til 8pm as of Monday May 4.
Timetables are available from the Transport Information Centre on 0800 656463 or www.gabs.co.za
GABS has also implemented additional safety interventions to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
In a statement issued to the media, they said: “As we move into level four Lockdown and moving forward, Golden Arrow Bus Services would like to assure our staff and passengers that their safety remains our priority.”
Current safety interventions and protocols include, but are not limited to:
* Application of specialised 24-hour germ and virus-killing surface cleaner to buses at least twice daily and surfaces every two hours
* A close working relationship with the Departments of Transport, Health and Labour
* Limited passenger numbers on each bus – strictly enforced
* Each frontline staff member is equipped with gloves, masks and sani-
* Bus drivers are in enclosed cabins
* Temperature testing for every person entering our premises -conducted by external service providers using medical grade equipment.
* Strictly enforced social distancing
* Masks are compulsory at all times for all staff
* Remote working where possible
“We are monitoring passenger
demand on a daily basis and updating scheduling as quickly as possible to suit demand. An announcement regarding product validity extensions will be made as soon as possible,” they said.