The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has started the roll-out of the Student Centred Model by opening online applications which is open from now until November 30 this year.
Current matric pupils who will need NSFAS financial assistance at universities or Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges in 2017, are encouraged to start applying now on the NSFAS website (www.nsfas.org.za).
The Student Centred Model is meant to open a direct relationship between NSFAS and its students, from registration phase to completion of their studies. The system will help in alleviating payment delays and new applications for funding every year.
• Students who have never received NSFAS funding must apply online
• Students who were previously funded by NSFAS and are not funded in 2016 must apply online
• All students who have signed their Loan Agreement Forms (LAF) or Schedule of Particulars (SOP) for 2016 and are currently receiving NSFAS funding do not have to reapply. Funding will be granted provided students meet the academic requirements.
• All funded NSFAS students are requested to update their information online.
Log onto www.nsfas.org.za and create the MyNSFAS account to verify your details.
• Matriculants who have already submitted their NSFAS applications at universities or TVET colleges must not reapply. The institution will send their applications directly to NSFAS.
All paper applications forms can be sent to NSFAS head office in Cape Town either by email to email@example.com or fax 086 644 2822 or by post to: The 2017 Online Applications, NSFAS Loans and Bursaries Department, Private Bag X4, Plumstead, 7801.